Quadrangle is seeking a construction phase document technologist with experience, understanding and a passion for the documentation related to the construction administration phase of a project including specifications, and construction contracts. We are looking for someone with two to five years of related experience, preferably commercial, residential or retail sector experience, or the ability to demonstrate the skills outlined below.
This is an opportunity to provide support to our in-house specification and contract administration specialists. While in this role, you would be working collaboratively with our in-house specification writer and will also be working independently on minimally supervised tasks researching, planning, scheduling, assisting with edits of construction documents, as well as fielding inquiries from fellow studio members.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Ability to assist with material research – possess a working knowledge of industry sources in our region for materials;
- Familiarity with CCDC documents and specifications;
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting;
- Excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat;
- Well-developed level of written and verbal communication skills;
- Two to five years of construction phase experience - experience in the commercial, residential, retail and/or corporate interiors sectors is preferred.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (Acrobat PDF file only), via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.