Quadrangle is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) who will be instrumental in facilitating with the Principals to devise and implement Quadrangle’s strategy for improving its market position and growing the business. The BDM qualifies and quantifies long-term organizational strategic goals related to business development, builds client relationships, identifies new prospective clients, and maintains an extensive knowledge of the current architectural industry and market conditions. Working with senior level management, the BDM supports and develops a robust pipeline of new business for the company. The BDM leads a team to strategically target new markets, identify potential new clients, support existing client relationships, shape external communications, coordinate international collaborations with our partners and promote the Quadrangle brand.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates with the principals group to develop the long-term strategic goals for business development, in line with Quadrangle’s overall strategic context;
- Creates and oversees marketing plans including goals, objectives, strategies, action plans and schedules for target growth markets in alignment with the firm’s strategic plan milestones;
- Provides review and guidance on responses to RFPs and fee proposals, as required;
- Develops and maintains business networks, regularly attends conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop further contacts;
- Presents to and consults with management on business trends;
- Implements the firm’s information resources for client relations management (CRM);
- Supervises and reports on market research, sector initiatives and project opportunities;
- Delivers presentations and pitches to potential clients;
- Trains and mentors Quadrangle staff in business development;
- Oversees and plans promotional activities and events;
- Work closely with the Business Development and Marketing team and external consultants to oversee external communications and brand presence.
- Minimum 5 years of business development experience for a professional services organization, preferably a design-services organization;
- A degree in architecture or interior design, or work experience in the industry is an asset;
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, lead and motivate colleagues;
- Competitive and self-starter by nature, and results driven with a track record of exceeding targets with the ability to plan, organize, schedule and follow through on targets;
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
This role will report to the Principal-in-Charge of Business Development and Marketing.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (Acrobat PDF file only), via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.