Established in 1986, Quadrangle is among Canada’s most dynamic design firms. Our portfolio of projects illustrates a diversified client list that includes major players in the residential, commercial, retail, media and hospitality industries. Equally wide-ranging is our scope and expertise in the rehabilitation and conversion of existing buildings and interiors projects.
In early 2019, Quadrangle entered into a strategic partnership with BDP, a major international practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, primarily based in the UK. Quadrangle is leading Canadian operations and BDP’s North American expansion.
Quadrangle is seeking an experienced IT Systems and Network Administrator. The administrator's role is to ensure the stable operation of the networks, servers, workstations and peripherals, including installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization, as well as to provide technical assistance, direction and training to the user base related to the various systems environments.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
The successful candidate is customer service oriented, he or she can work under pressure while maintaining a positive can-do attitude and is able to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
The candidate needs to have the skills and ability to see problems through to a suitable outcome and continually communicate progress and options to the Director of Information Technology.
We are looking for someone with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills who can also work well in a team.
- Responsible for planning, testing, deployment, maintenance and security of the server/network infrastructure systems (mixed of physical and virtual systems);
- Determining server/network infrastructure capacity requirements, managing change, executing rigorous testing, responding to escalated support requests, and implementing corrective action;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the IT team members to ensure availability, reliability and scalability of organization services to meet business demands;
- Ensures server/network infrastructure is operating within pre-defined operating levels and manages all proactive tuning activities;
- Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for storage equipment performance, space allocation and data growth to recommend enhancements;
- Support technical projects in the design and review of new server systems, applications and hardware as well as computer network;
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment;
- Maintain technical documentation for the organization’s server/network environment including up-to-date records of hardware configurations, software licenses, maintenance agreements, network diagrams and maintenance operations;
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts;
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Successful completion of a university level program of study in the area of computer technology or relevant experience;
- Microsoft Windows Server domain design, configuration and administration;
- VMware ESXi / vSphere / Horizon;
- Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Server administration;
- Knowledge in the administration of Dell/EMC, HP Servers and SAN Storage;
- Working knowledge of network tools used in supporting multiplatform environments, troubleshooting network-related problems, monitoring LAN/WAN capacity, performance, security and availability.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé (Acrobat PDF file only), via email to: email@example.com