Quadrangle is seeking senior and intermediate architectural design leads. We are looking for people with strong conceptual design and design development abilities, which are demonstrated in a combination of graphic and verbal communication skills. Candidates should have the ability to work well with a diverse group of teams, mentor junior designers and deliver concepts quickly. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience, most recently as a lead architect designer, and preferably with experience in private sector multi-unit/mixed-use residential projects. Proficiency with Revit, with additional skills in 3D modeling and rendering will be an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of client contact for design discussions while building trust at all levels;
- Inspire and lead design thinking and discussion;
- Maintain accountability and communicate to the team design integrity, economic feasibility and constructability of design ideas through all phases of project work;
- Work with the Project Lead to understand the project deliverables, deadlines and time allocation and provide feedback;
- Work with the Project Lead to ensure quality design output is realized by providing feedback on team talent and task distribution;
- Create design solutions through appropriate precedent selection, sketches, diagramming, renderings, materials research, technical details and preparation of drawing packages;
- Engage with the project Design Advisor on a regular basis to ensure an ongoing design feedback loop is created;
- Ensure that all presentation packages meet Quadrangle design standards and receive proper quality control review by the Design Advisor in a timely manner, prior to presentation;
- Demonstrate design initiative through outside interest in design, contributions to the Quadrangle design discussion and other initiatives.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience in a design role;
- Experience with private sector multi-unit/mixed use residential projects;
- Strong conceptual, graphic and design talent;
- Ability to mentor junior architects;
- Proficiency in Revit, with additional skills in 3D modeling and rendering;
- Excellent design and visual communication skills;
- Critical thinking, effective problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong collaboration skills.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (Acrobat PDF file only), via email to: email@example.com